Join Our Team
All current vacancies are listed below and can be offered on both a full time and part basis. If any of the below is not right for you, why not get involved in our work experience or volunteering opportunities, which can take as little as 1 hour per week. If you require any further information about any of the below job roles, please do get in touch.
To Apply - Send an email with your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Please note that due to the high number of applications that we receive, we are unable to contact everybody. Successful candidates will be contacted to discuss an interview or trial shift. We would like to thank everybody who applies and wish them all the best.
Situated in our Reception area, we are looking for a vibrant, friendly individual with a warm personality to be the face of the British Ironwork Centre in welcoming all our visitors. Offering the best first impression, the candidate will be responsible for assisting our visitors by offering general guidance and direction for their visit. This candidate must be confident speaking, both on the phone and in person, be computer literate and be able to carry out general clerical tasks.
- A bubbly and friendly personality
- Confident, polite and pleasant demeanour
- Well presented and approachable
- The ability to multi-tasks in a fast paced environment
We are seeking a confident and dynamic individual to join our team. The role will involve being responsible for all small scale events on site, including children’s events and activities, grotto and Halloween scare fest. You will be responsible for developing and delivery engaging activities for all ages and sharing this to the British Ironwork Centre membership as whole, through newsletters and what's on emails. The right person will also have some experience in social media, from taking videos and photographs to writing captions and creating engaging content on all platforms from Instagram to Facebook to Twitter.
- An enthusiastic and confident individual
- Have some experience in working with children, not essential
- Have the ability to use initiative and be creative
We are seeking a creative and responsible individual to join our thriving membership team. The right candidate will be responsible for delivering and communicating all British Ironwork news, events, and information to our membership cohort. You will be responsible for promoting the business effectively through e-newsletters, maintain databases and be the one to provide information to a large number of members quickly.
- Demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm
- An excellent communicator
- Administrative and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Have experience with Mailchimp and other mailing list platforms
Ideal for students with an interest in social media or those who want to go into social media marketing. In this role, the successful candidate will create new and exciting content to promote on the British Ironwork Centre social media platforms. The right person, will need to gather and research current trends and possible emerging trends. The right person, will enjoy collaborating with others and have the ability to build strong working relationships within the team. The candidate will showcase their social media presence on all channels for a variety and diverse audience.
- You will enjoy being both infront and behind the camera
- Have the ability to work and use a variety of platforms, including: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and Youtube
- Be friendly, engaging and polite
- Ability to create engaging content which resonates our beliefs
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual which will complement our existing onsite team. The candidate will be responsible for the management and drive of large-scale special projects on site from conception through to installation. You will be responsible for maintaining, communication and tracking the programme with the team and other third parties. You will effectively monitor the progress, preparation and compiling of projects, arranging meetings, and planning resources and sticking to budgets.
- Experience in managing large scale projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical understanding
- Adopt and be flexible to new challenges and input from others
- Be a problem solver
Working on a contractual basis, we are seeking an experienced welder and metal worker to assist us with an exciting new project. Working alongside our talented team of metal workers and artists, the successful applicant will be operating our MIG welder as well as other general metalwork in our workshop.
- Previous welding experience is required, especially in MIG welding.
- A good general knowledge of metalworking techniques.
- A strong team player that will work collaboratively and autonomously
With over 90 acres of ground, keeping on top of the various required maintenance in each of our areas is essential to helping us to look our best. Working with our grounds crew, this varied role will include ground maintenance such as mowing, strimming, planting, pruning as well as general tidying. The role is part time and offers a degree of flexibility in hours.
- This role would suit an individual who enjoys working outdoors in all weathers and is physically fit.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Previous grounds keeping experience required
- Ability to work with equipment would be advantageous but not essential.
We are looking for a skilled painter to join our team. You will be practically minded and have the ability to do small to large painting projects across the site to refresh and upgrade where necessary. The right candidate will have experience in general painting both commercial and residential sites.
- Hard working individual with attention to detail
- You need to be passionate and enthusiastic
- Be able to work independently and within a team as a whole
We are seeking a practically minded multi-skilled handy person to work within our team assisting and completing tasks around the office and on site. The successful candidate will have experience in general repairs and maintenance both internally and externally and will responsible for maintaining equipment, tools whilst providing a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Ability to organise own time and workload
- Have general maintenance knowledge/experience eg. Electrical, decorating, joinery etc.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to be part of our fast-paced environment and team. You will be responsible in inventory counting, deliveries and ensuring the warehouse is stocked effectively and efficiently.
- Have an understanding of warehouse and dispatch practices
- Have attention to detail
- Understand and maintain stock records and reports
- Be computer literate
We are currently looking for a warehouse operative to join our fast-paced dispatch team. Working within a small team, you will be responsible for accurately assembling customer orders, efficiently packing orders for shipment, ensuring correct number and product type has been loaded and packed correctly. You will need to meet minimum productivity and quality standards.
- Have numeracy and literacy skills
- Attention to detail
- Have strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Be able to manually handle products
Are you someone who loves to bring stories to life through words? We are needing the help of a wordsmith who will help create several books regarding the Ironworks. From the history of the Ironworks to its future ambitions, its ideals and its preoccupation with addressing national social issues through the medium of art and sculpture through to the journey of the Knife Angel. This candidate will also have a understanding of creating children’s books, which will include the parks sculptures and building awareness and intolerance to mankind’s destruction on the world.
- Excellent written English abilities including impeccable punctuation and grammar
- Able to create engaging and informative stories
- Previous experience in writing children's book is an added bonus
Working within the small marketing and website administration team, you will play a key part in managing and reporting PPC/Paid Ad spend. You will work closely with the SEO team, analysing website traffic to measure marketing campaign successes and look for growth opportunities.
- Have experience in Google Analytic
- Have experience in PPC including Google Shopping
- Experience in Google Adwords
- Expert level knowledge in Web Analytics (strategy, requirements, implementation, validation and reporting)
- High attention to detail with statistical understanding
We are currently seeking an e-commerce stores manager, including eBay and amazon. The candidate will be responsible for creating listings on each platform for sale. You will update prices to match the market and competition through research. You will make positive changes to eBay listings to keep them current and up to date. The right candidate will also be confident and have the ability to work with excel or google sheets producing sale reports.
- Have experience in Microsoft 360 services
- Have experience in e-commerce third party platforms including eBay and amazon
- Have an interest in sales and business development
- Have attention to detail and organisation skills
Working in the busy and vibrant Forge Café, we are looking for weekend assistance. The successful candidate will be working as part of a small team and can be flexible in their approach, whilst performing a variety of café tasks to the highest standards. Candidates will work well under pressure to ensure tasks are completed on time with a commitment to always providing the best customer experience.
- Good teamwork and can work well alone
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience within a café or a restaurant
- Polite and customer focused
- Reliable and can work under pressure
- Flexible in approach to work
The successful candidate will be responsible for all cleaning within visitor and staff areas. These duties include cleaning the floor, wet or dry mopping where necessary, hoovering, dusting, and sweeping. Cleans of restrooms, including restocking paper towels, emptying rubbish, and sanitising all fixtures, door handles and push ways will also be under your duty of care. A weekly deep clean of the restaurant will also be required and within your responsibility.
- Good team work and can work well alone
- Attention to detail
- Previous cleaning experience encouraged but not essential
We are looking for a full-time or part-time self-employed plumber to join fast paced team. You will be required to carry out all aspects of plumbing, from general maintenance to repairs to installations.
- Have up to date and relevant plumbing qualifications including
CSCS, City & Guilds, Gas Safe & Oftec
- Experience in both commercial and private residences
We are looking for an experienced bus driver to become part of our front of house team. You will be an enthusiastic individual with the ability to speak to all ages and backgrounds. You will be responsible for driving a bus around the site, speaking about the key items and exhibitions on site.
- Be confident and polite
- Be able to drive
- Be open to speaking publicly about projects and exhibitions on view
This role will coordinate and maximise conference, events, and bookings to the British Ironwork Centre. You will respond to customer queries and bookings via email/phone for weddings, events, parties, and groups. You will work directly with Directors, Marketing, Graphics and Onsite Teams to create promotional material to promote our unique selling points, whilst remaining versatile to cater for clientele. The right person will also have some experience in social media, creating engaging content, graphics and videos which can be used across all platforms, including but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Tik Tok.
- Previous event coordinator experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work autonomously, take initiative, be proactive and creative
We are looking to find an experienced Blacksmith to work in our on-site forge in a highly varied role. This includes everything from creating products made from wrought iron and demonstrating the art of blacksmithing to the general public, through to offering occasional blacksmith experiences for visitors in a teaching role.
- Have previous experience in blacksmithing
- A friendly personality who is comfortable with interacting with our visitors
- The ability to provide a fun, yet knowledgeable blacksmithing experience
We are seeking an experienced sound engineer to provide advice, direction and install audio equipment to our temporary stage and throughout our site. You will be responsible for setting up, managing and arranging audio equipment, enhancing audio and fixing sound- related issues on site. You will have proven experience in working with public speakers, musicians and other projects.
- Demonstrate understanding regarding the project at hand
- Have proven sound engineering experience
- Have attention to detail
Working within our busy accounts department, we are looking to add a trainee purchasing clerk to our team. The right candidate will handle everything from invoices and purchase orders through to assisting with BACS transfers and general accounts work. The role is available on either a full or part time basis depending on the individual.
- A high standard of accuracy and numeracy is required.
- Previous accounts experience would be highly beneficial.
- Highly organised and efficient.
- Having a degree of flexibility to complete various tasks.
We are looking for a number of fitness instructors to do weekly sessions for our staff and members. You will instruct, weekly or fortnightly, exercise sessions, providing motivation and instruction to all ages and disciplines. We are looking for individuals with experience in Zumba, Pilates, Yoga etc, who will be able to promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for all users.
- Fun and friendly
- Have group fitness class experience
- Passionate about health and wellbeing
- Able to create an upbeat and energetic class feel.
If you are wanting to help support the site, but don’t want to commit to exact days and hours, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for vibrant people to help assist across all of our areas and establish good working relationships with customers and staff. You don’t need any experience whatsoever, just be willing to offer your assistance with a flexible and enthusiastic approach. In return, you will have the opportunity to be part of a fun and diverse team, gain new experiences and skills and have the opportunity to support a community based site.
To enquire about work experience at the British Ironwork Centre please click here