Call for volunteers, anyone wishing to help support tourism/visitor footfall in the area/town, please give us a call on 01691-610952 and ask for Oswestry Tourism (Until open based at the British Ironworks)
Members of the public, students, members of Rotary or civic groups, able bodied, with disabilities - all are welcome to get involved.
New year thought, potentially if we could gather just 60 volunteers, each willing to give up half a day each month, we could run the Tourist Information Centre for 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. Consider it? Half a day per month to ensure this fantastic community asset stays open.
We welcome volunteeers of all ages. There are so many reasons to step forward:
- Civic Pride
- Confidence Building
- Work Experience
- Interest In Tourism
- Having A Business In Town
- Having A Business That Benefits From Visitors To The Area
- Seeing The Town's Profile Rise
- Sharing Skills
- Plumbing /Electrical/Drain Clearance/Carpentry or Pruning/Lawns/Flowering Baskets
- Last But Not Least 'For The Love Of Oswestry'
Alternatively, maybe time isn't a resource you can offer, would any business or individual be prepared to offer sponsorship for or part thereof:
- Water Rates
- Council Rates
- Telephone Charges
- Refreshments (Tea bags, essentially)
- Sundries (Strip light bulbs etc)
- Drain clearance (Routine flooding in the car park)
- Electrical Work Needed
- Leaflets/Brochures/Contact Cards
- A New Sign Off The Island
- Help With Repairs And Maintenance
Finally, a plea to the town's media, in order to let there be a 'call to arms' to help support this community effort.
STOP THE PRESS, WE HAVE AN UPDATE - Within 24 hours from our announcement:
North Shropshire College have stepped forward to help, offering students on their Tourism Courses.
Oswestry Cambrian Rotary Club have stepped forward to help.
Local Electrical firm and ground works Co also offered help.
How to get involved
Please send an email telling us a little bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us on 01691 610 952.