Educating Children in Understanding the Importance of Recycling Waste
Today we are launching our schools appeal to collect thousands of unwanted tins for our latest project 'Don't bin it - Tin it'.
This project intends to highlight the amazing opportunities for creating something useful and beautiful from general household waste.
This project is very much about education, promoting the environment and highlighting how we can all have a positive impact on our world, especially when working together.
The project will be to create a giant bust of her Majesty the Queen, from all of the tens of thousands of cans collected from schools. Every school partnering this colossal ambition, will be rewarded with a completely free day of fun and creativity.
Our 'THANK YOU' days will be hosted at the British Ironworks Centre, on a date suitable to each individual school that takes part.
Some interesting Facts-
• Up to 60% of all dustbin rubbish is recyclable.
• If all tin cans were recycled in the UK , we would need circa 20 million less dustbins.
• Making one aluminium drink can use the same energy as recycling 20 cans.
What does the School do next?
We have on request –
• Leaflets and flyers for the kids to read and show their parents.
• Recycling fact sheets.
• Her Majesty the Queen Project leaflet.
• Collection Bins.
Please email email@example.com if you would like to join our campaign.