On Sunday 30th April we will be hosting the inaugural Oswestry Half Marathon, Shropshire’s newest running event organised by UK Run Chat, which has over 750 runners signed up and raring to go already!
Our 90 acres of grounds lends itself perfectly to hosting events, with plenty of free parking, a café serving delicious homemade cakes and the most fantastic collection of metalwork you've ever seen, you'll have plenty to keep you occupied both before and after the race, whether you’re taking part or cheering the runners on.
Warm up amongst our life sized animal sculptures then take off on the first kilometre weaving its way through the park. Keep your eyes peeled for the herds of leaping wildebeest, sinewy cheetahs, towering elephants and a band of the world's most colourful gorillas!
The route will take you through our local town, Oswestry, one of the UK’s oldest border settlements. Between mile 6 and 7 there's a testing hill before it's all downhill back to the finish, ideal for getting a personal best, and as you cross the finish line you'll receive a medal like no other along with a finisher’s tech t-shirt and a goody bag.
Once you’ve caught your breath you can celebrate your achievement with delicious food stalls and fun filled activities for all the family!
Early bird registration is now live: For those affiliated with UKRunChat (who hosted the spectacularly popular Shrewsbury Half Marathon) it’s just £22.50, regular entry is £24.50 and a team can enter for £90.
What You Need To Know
- Free car parking for all participants will open early with registration taking place up to 9am on the day. The race starts at 9.30am.
- There will be ample toilets both before and after the race with several well signposted toilets along the route.
- This is a timed event, the timing chip is attached to your race bib, ensure that it’s pinned to the front of your vest or t-shirt – it will automatically start as your cross the start line and finish when you triumphantly cross the finish line.
- You must wear your bib number or you will be asked to leave the course, should you lose your postal bib there will be a number available on the day. Medical information must be filled out on the back of your bib.
- There will be a minimum of three water stations along the route, four if the weather is warm, there will also be gels available at two of the water stations. Please ensure any litter is disposed of responsibly.
- For more information please see: http://www.ukrunchat.co.uk/oswestry-half-marathon/#1464024995250-cbae729d-0261
- To enter: https://race-nation.com/oswestry-half-marathon-2017